This week has been long! It started off strong though and the weather this weekend is already making me miss summer because I know it’ll be gone before I know it. Soon enough it will be replaced with long days filled with studying over textbooks and sleep deprivation.
On Tuesday night, I went to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros for the third time! It was the perfect night for a summer concert. We had such a blast, but I’m not gonna lie, the band isn’t really the same without some of the original members… oh well! Live music is always a good time.
I finished at massive project a work on Friday, and it felt so good! This wasn’t the prettiest picture of all the packages I was making, but it is still nice to have as a reminder of all the hard work.
The annual Clam Fest! One of my best friend’s is in town from Seattle. We watched the parade on Friday from the same spot that we have been since we were freshman in high school. Time flies, but it is comforting to know that some things can stay the same.
“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one!” Love the hallway aesthetic in my godmother’s home.
Roses in my godmother’s garden are giving me ideas for my next tattoo… (sorry mom!)
Daisies of my dreams
My mom said if I cooked breakfast, she would wash the dishes. I agreed. And then she surprised me with a special ‘Lazy Sunday’ breakfast dessert. What a good woman.
Highlights not in pictures:
- I didn’t get a parking ticket while at the concert! Always a win in the battle to find free parking.
- Listened to such a thought-provoking episode of Invisibilia this week. It was perfect timing with all the violence and hate around the world right now.
- Had a really nice conversation with my dad about business and future goals over our Friday lunch.
- So lame but my mom and I bought the same pair of shoes so we could match, and I was (and still am) very excited about it.
- My mom and I are in talks of starting a vegetable garden next summer! Fingers crossed we stick to it!
This week was great personally, but I was also fighting back a lot of anxiety regarding the state of the World right now. There is so much hate and sadness being felt and spread, don’t contribute to it. The smallest but maybe one of the most important things we can do right now is focus on the love and happiness that is present in our lives ❤